Thursday, July 5, 2012

This week: Demian Mckinley, Structural BodyWorker


This week we interview Demian Mckinley, a teacher of yoga, somatics, and structural bodywork therapies in Hawaii:

"Though Dr. Kaparo’s work is still new to me, I almost immediately recognized her work as a missing link between the physical and spiritual.  She has been the only one who has guided me into an understanding of how these two aspects, physical and spiritual, interpenetrate and are one and the same. She then gives a map to explore it as a real practical experience, not just philosophy. Because the path to her understanding was entirely experiential, she has been outside any spiritual system, which showed me how the spiritual is inherent in nature, not something born of eastern or western spiritual or religious traditions.   This knowledge almost immediately switched my inquiry away from looking for the “spiritual” or being on a path, to having an appreciation and direct experience of the vast beauty that I am composed of, and the incredible intelligence that is the foundation of my being. I have been able to relax and trust the process of awakening for the first time, not as something to figure out, but as something to rest in and savor.  This understanding has allowed my potential and talents to be actualized much quicker, and has accelerated my authentic creative process."

Demian Mckinley
floatingbonesbodywork.com




What do you think of the relationship between your embodiment and spirituality?  Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment